As our Creative Art Director, you will lead, grow, and mentor our Design team and provide creative direction. You should be an experienced and talented leader with a creative flair, originality, and a strong visual sense for creating and executing high-quality concepts and artworks for various internal and external requirements. You will be working in a multi-faceted role in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment, which is core to our culture.
- Lead the design of product concepts, graphical user interfaces, graphics, and interaction patterns.
- Work in tandem with the Product team and apply user-centered design methodologies to influence the product strategy.
- Work closely with development teams to deliver and deploy final products.
- Effectively communicate visual design and interactive elements to engineers.
- Conceptualize and create aesthetically and functionally flawless user experiences.
- Perform user acceptance tests, define the feature list, and develop user personas from scenarios of use and interaction models.
- Influence, with demonstrated product design expertise, what and how we build.
- Head the Design team and help design and maintain online media campaigns, including website, email and social media campaigns, motion graphics, and other materials.
- Lead and transfer key marketing initiatives into high-quality consumer-facing visuals.
- Take responsibility for overall customer experiences and ensure perfect layout techniques, style guides, color schemes, and user interface design are used.
- Illustrate concepts by designing rough layout of art and copy showing arrangement, size, type size, style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Creative Director or Lead Game Designer with a minimum 3 years’ experience working on mobile/free-to-play games.
- Extensive knowledge of the latest game industry trends, free-to-play game mechanics, UX, and game systems is essential.
- Proven creative leadership skills, with expertise in everything from creative delivery to team building and mentoring.
- Experience designing for complex systems across desktop and mobile applications.
- Credit for designing successful game titles on mobile or social platforms.
- Profound understanding of player demographics and what players look for.
- Proficient in all aspects of mobile game design, including gameplay, level design, game structure, balancing, and reward systems will be an advantage.
- Ability to prototype ideas using tools such as Adobe CC, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Adobe Premiere.
- Exceptional ability to evaluate and analyze games and provide meaningful feedback and guide teams.
- Clear understanding of business in the current market (monetization, social, acquisition, retention) and an ability to constantly provide direction to teams to push every game to its maximum potential.
- Enthusiastic about new business models and eager to learn about the links between traditional game design and economy game design.
About Junglee Games
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 250 people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high-quality games with customer delight.
Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.