You will lead technology architecture & development, and be a part of the core technology leadership team. Working with a team, you will build the most successful gaming platform for web and mobile, hosting games that are played by millions. You will be responsible to innovate, implement and scale up our engineering capabilities and to keep up with our hyper-growth. As a key technology leader, you will champion the technology roadmap and vision
- Lead and grow the Engineering team into an effective and respected division of Software Engineers, Architects, and Engineering Leaders.
- Collaborate well and grow cross-functional relationships to ensure alignment across teams
- Lead and expand the existing engineering team, identify new talent, manage, mentor and elevate all members of the team.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical perfection.
- Set and manage stakeholder expectations. Communicate and execute goals within timelines.
- Translate the company’s overall vision into a series of technology objectives, laying down the roadmap to achieve these objectives, and executing the resulting plan in a structured and time bound manner.
- Own the Technology budget of the vertical. Provide upfront estimates of costs under various heads and keep track of spends so as to ensure the best ROI for the company on its Technology investment.
- Lead the entire life cycle of multi-player game development. Ensure production environments stay live through high levels of concurrency.
- Institute best engineering practices to deliver successful innovative products.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system components and resources.
- Work closely with the product team, and be involved in conceptualizing and building new products from scratch.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt, anticipate and avoid problems.
- Drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, exemplifying good technical discernment.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Define the technical vision for Junglee Games, drive the evolution of the system architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Architect, Implement, Validate solutions to extreme software engineering problems, faced by real-time applications. Resolve scaling issues before they happen and passionately automate all Engineering work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Overall 12+ years of relevant experience, out of which at least 8+ years of experience in consumer facing software products with high levels of concurrency.
- Experience in hyper-growth environments & scaling up operations.
- Experience in managing non-functional requirements such as security, reliability, performance, maintainability and scalability.
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience working with complex data sets. Must have experience in data driven design and architecture, to ensure valuable insights can be extracted efficiently.
- Experience in creating, improving & maintaining tech processes such as build and release process, continuous integration, coding guidelines, code review process etc.
- Strong development experience in Java, NodeJS, GoLang and familiarity with multiple other programming languages.
- Experience with distributed cache and message queues.
- Familiarity with microservice architecture, containers and related technologies.
- Expertise in any SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Background in high volume web applications, data mining, and multi-tiered transactional systems.
- Proven leadership and managerial skills to manage engineering teams. Ability to lead, inspire and improve team members.
- Experience in implementing agile software development methodology
- Experience in supporting live production, cloud based infrastructure, and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
Location: Any location preferably Gurugram/Bangalore
About Junglee Games
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with close to 50 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, Solitaire Gold and Howzat.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high-quality games with customer delight.
Since we were founded, we've drawn 500+ of the world’s most talented people into our ranks. Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Real Steel, Rio, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits including the movie Avatar. "Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees."
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
"Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees."