As our SVP Engineering, you will be a part of the core technology leadership team. Working directly with executive leadership, you will build the most successful web+mobile gaming platform, hosting games played by millions. You will be responsible to innovate, lead, develop and scale our engineering capabilities, to keep up with our hypergrowth. As the leader of the technology team, you will champion the technology roadmap and vision.
- Lead all technology architecture & development.
- Define the technical vision for Junglee Games, drive the evolution of the system architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Architect, code and even hack solutions to extreme software engineering problems.
- Resolve scaling issues before they happen.
- Passionately automate all engineering work.
- Be the primary interface between all divisions of the company and engineering.
- Create and execute scalable processes and provide visibility to key stakeholders.
- Lead and grow the engineering team into a high-performance team of software engineers, architects, and technical leaders.
- Institute best engineering practices to deliver successful innovative products.
- Lead the entire life cycle of multi-player game development.
- Ensure production environments stay live through high levels of concurrency.
- Work closely with the product team, and be involved in conceptualizing and building new products from scratch.
- Know what’s being built and why. We are concerned with velocity, execution, quality, and technical debt.
- 10+ years of experience in gaming, fin-tech, e-commerce or consumer-facing software products with high levels of concurrency.
- Experience working in environments of hypergrowth.
- Master of a full technology stack that includes Kubernetes, Redis, Microservices, Java, Cassandra, and other databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and previous experience working with complex data sets. Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Background in high volume mobile & web applications, data mining and multi-tiered transactional systems.
- Experience in supporting live production infrastructure, scaling DevOps, and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
- Knowledge of cross-platform game development tools like Unity.
- Superior leadership capabilities. Able to lead, inspire and improve the team.
- Proven ability to align company vision with technology goals and execute.
- Empathy towards users and developers.
- Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
About Junglee Games:
Junglee Games is a leader in the skills and social gaming space, with over 25 million users playing Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti and Howzat. Founded by Ankush Gera, gaming veteran and angel investor based in San Francisco in 2012 and funded by top tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the first mover to build and launch skill games for cash prizes.
With more than 25 Mn users and offices in 7 countries, Junglee Games is 200+ strong and has doubled it’s revenue every year. With Y-O-Y growth of 80% to 100%, Junglee Games will see $600 Mn in entry fees on its platform in FY 19-20, along with 40-50 Mn active users.
Junglee Games' mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect them through games. With our values-driven culture and an incredibly passionate team, we are building games that people will play for years, and are creating the next set of conscious leaders.