As our SVP Engineering, you will be a part of the core technology leadership team. Working directly with executive leadership, you will build the most successful web+mobile gaming platform, hosting games played by millions. You will be responsible to innovate, lead, develop and scale our engineering capabilities, to keep up with our hypergrowth. As the leader of the technology team, you will champion the technology roadmap and vision.
- Lead all technology architecture & development.
- Define the technical vision for Junglee Games, drive the evolution of the system architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Architect, code and even hack solutions to extreme software engineering problems.
- Resolve scaling issues before they happen.
- Passionately automate all engineering work.
- Be the primary interface between all divisions of the company and engineering.
- Create and execute scalable processes and provide visibility to key stakeholders.
- Lead and grow the engineering team into a high-performance team of software engineers, architects, and technical leaders.
- Institute best engineering practices to deliver successful innovative products.
- Lead the entire life cycle of multi-player game development.
- Ensure production environments stay live through high levels of concurrency.
- Work closely with the product team, and be involved in conceptualizing and building new products from scratch.
- Know what’s being built and why. We are concerned with velocity, execution, quality, and technical debt.
- 10+ years of experience in gaming, fin-tech, e-commerce or consumer-facing software products with high levels of concurrency.
- Experience working in environments of hypergrowth.
- Master of a full technology stack that includes Kubernetes, Redis, Microservices, Java, Cassandra, and other databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and previous experience working with complex data sets. Deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Background in high volume mobile & web applications, data mining and multi-tiered transactional systems.
- Experience in supporting live production infrastructure, scaling DevOps, and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
- Knowledge of cross-platform game development tools like Unity.
- Superior leadership capabilities. Able to lead, inspire and improve the team.
- Proven ability to align company vision with technology goals and execute.
- Empathy towards users and developers.
- Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
About Junglee Games:
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 250 people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high quality games with customer delight.