Our team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Front-end Services - with strong experience in multiplayer Mobile Games. Using our game development technology stack, you will be part of a strike team that creates real-time multiplayer games for iOS/Android devices.
Core to our culture, you will work in small, fast-paced teams where everyone owns a significant part of the game and contributes both technically and creatively. You will be working directly with our Senior Engineering Leaders and CTO to build the platform that drives the complete gaming experience for our millions of users.
- To own and lead your game’s technical development.
- To design and code new features and enhancements across all our games.
- To work on server-side services and connect millions of users in a competitive environment.
- To work with the design and user experience teams to influence and enhance game design and development.
- To contribute to the various aspects of a game’s life cycle, from specifications through QA to deployment and production support.
- To find and fix bugs, and optimize scalability and performance.
- To keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies.
- 4+ years’ experience in Java+Angular 2.
- Expert in any of the following - eclipse JSP/Struts/JSF, JVM profilers (jvisualvm), jmap, jstack.
- Networks and socket, client+server communication experience.
- Experience with mobile platforms (iOS or Android).
- Well versed in multi-threaded and Socket programming in Java.
- Strong experience with CPU/Memory profiling of Java applications.
- Well versed in TDD and Unit testing.
- Good knowledge of one Database (e.g Oracle, MySql, PL/SQL).
- Comfortable with Linux as an Application server.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, taking care of all the little details that matter.
- Empathy toward users and developers, e.g. when making design decisions and introducing changes.
- Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in supporting live production infrastructure and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
About Junglee Games:
Junglee Games is a leader in the skills and social gaming space, with over 25 million users playing Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti and Howzat. Founded by Ankush Gera, gaming veteran and angel investor based in San Francisco in 2012 and funded by top tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the first mover to build and launch skill games for cash prizes.
With more than 25 Mn users and offices in 7 countries, Junglee Games is 200+ strong and has doubled it’s revenue every year. With Y-O-Y growth of 80% to 100%, Junglee Games will see $600 Mn in entry fees on its platform in FY 19-20, along with 40-50 Mn active users.
Junglee Games' mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect them through games. With our values-driven culture and an incredibly passionate team, we are building games that people will play for years, and are creating the next set of conscious leaders.