As the Vice President - Legal, you will be leading our corporate legal strategy, including compliance, M&A, financing, intellectual property, regulatory affairs and governance, policy making, litigation, disputes and contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance across different business lines.
- Assist in establishing policies and practices and develop and implement legal guidelines and protocols.
- Advise on a wide range of legal issues, with a focus on state litigations and intellectual property to support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Lead investment and M&A activities from a legal perspective for the organization.
- Work closely with and provide strategic and practical advice to cross functional stakeholders.
- Stay updated on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- Advise senior management on various matters such as legal rights and new and existing laws.
- Create, manage and take care of the company risk management policy and framework.
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the organization.
- Manage the regulatory aspects of the company’s business, take proactive decisions, and recommend appropriate actions to the company’s leadership.
- Manage the organization's intellectual property and structure agreements.
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts on behalf of the company.
- Conduct legal research and review the company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- A law degree from an accredited, top-tier law school.
- 10+ years’ experience in-house and/or at a law firm, with a focus on intellectual property law.
- Exposure to online gaming, regulatory compliance and lobbying, GST, and financing is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of working on Content/IP laws/Agreements.
- Extensive experience in fund investments, venture capital financing, and M&A.
- Experience in corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Experience working on multiple different projects simultaneously and building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience providing in-house support and managing outside counsel.
- Comfortable with and adept at balancing legal risk and thinking creatively to meet business needs
About Junglee Games
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 350 people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high-quality games with customer delight.
Junglee Games is an equal opportunity employer. The organization celebrates diversity and takes pride in its inclusive environment where all employees are treated equally.