Our team is looking for a Software Engineer- Frontend Services (Angular JS/ React) with strong experience in multiplayer Mobile Games. Using the latest front end game development tech, you will be part of a strike team that creates real-time multiplayer games for iOS/Android devices.
Core to our culture, you will work in small, fast-paced teams where everyone owns a significant part of the game and contributes both technically and creatively. You will be working directly with Senior Producers and the CTO to code the core front end game experience for millions of users. For those proficient in server-side development, the opportunity will extend to working on the server-side technology that drives the games. Using your holistic experience, you and your team will develop the next innovative game to hit the mobile market.
- Design and code new features and enhancements across all our games.
- Work with product managers to assess customer demand and usability of new features.
- Work closely with server-side engineering and the UI team to influence game design and development.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, dev-testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new features.
- Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors.
- Find and fix bugs, optimize scalability and performance, keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies.
- Participate in regular meetings that provide updates on progress and define new priorities.
- 2-4 years with HTML5 developing Multiplayer Games or network applications.
- Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing interfaces, and performance optimization.
- Networks and socket, client+server communication experience.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as "touch"
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Strong debugging skills cross-browsers
- Experience in event-driven system development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, taking care of all the little details that matter.
- Empathy towards developers, e.g. when making design decisions and breaking changes.
- Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in supporting live production infrastructure and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
About Junglee Games:
Junglee Games is a leader in the skills and social gaming space, with over 25 million users playing Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti and Howzat. Founded by Ankush Gera, gaming veteran and angel investor based in San Francisco in 2012 and funded by top tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the first mover to build and launch skill games for cash prizes.
With more than 25 Mn users and offices in 7 countries, Junglee Games is 200+ strong and has doubled it’s revenue every year. With Y-O-Y growth of 80% to 100%, Junglee Games will see $600 Mn in entry fees on its platform in FY 19-20, along with 40-50 Mn active users.
Junglee Games' mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect them through games. With our values-driven culture and an incredibly passionate team, we are building games that people will play for years, and are creating the next set of conscious leaders.