As a Software Engineer- Frontend Services our Tech team is looking for someone with strong experience in multiplayer Mobile Games. Using the latest front end game development tech, you will be part of a strike team that creates real-time multiplayer games for iOS/Android devices.
Core to our culture, you will work in small, fast-paced teams where everyone owns a significant part of the game and contributes both technically and creatively. You will be working directly with Senior Producers and the CTO to code the core front end game experience for millions of users. For those proficient in server-side development, the opportunity will extend to working on the server-side technology that drives the games. Using your holistic experience, you and your team will develop the next innovative game to hit the mobile market.
- Design and code new features and enhancements across all our games.
- Work with product managers to assess customer demand and usability of new features.
- Work closely with server-side engineering and the UI team to influence game design and development.
- Perform individual project components within the entire development lifecycle including implementation, dev-testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Work from UI/UX requirements, APIs, mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs to increase the functionality of new features.
- Understand the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors.
- Find and fix bugs, optimize scalability and performance, keep up-to-date with the latest relevant technologies.
- Participate in regular meetings that provide updates on progress and define new priorities.
- 2-4 years with HTML5 developing Multiplayer Games or network applications.
- Extensive hands-on experience of creating custom UI controls, designing protocols, implementing interfaces, and performance optimization.
- Networks and socket, client+server communication experience.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as "touch"
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Strong debugging skills cross-browsers
- Experience in event-driven system development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, taking care of all the little details that matter.
- Empathy towards developers, e.g. when making design decisions and breaking changes.
- Ability to always leave code better than the state in which it is found.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in supporting live production infrastructure and the ability to put out fires under pressure.
About Junglee Games:
Junglee Games is a leader in the skill-gaming space, with over 25 million users. Founded in San Francisco in 2012, and funded by top-tier Silicon Valley VCs, Junglee Games is the fastest-growing skill-gaming company in the world. Some of our notable games are Junglee Rummy, Eatme.io, Junglee Teen Patti, and Howzat.
With teams in 7 countries, Junglee is 250 people strong and has close to doubled in revenues and headcount every year. With YOY growth of 80-100% and high proﬁtability, Junglee will see close to $600 million in gross transaction volumes in FY19-20 and scale to 50 million users.
Our team has worked on international AAA titles like Transformers, Real Steel, Mech Conquest, and Dueling Blades. Our designers have worked on some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including the movie Avatar.
Junglee is not just a gaming business - it is a blend of data science, innovation, cutting-edge technology and, most importantly, a values-driven culture that is creating the next set of conscious leaders.
Our mission is to build entertainment for millions of people around the world and connect people through high quality games with customer delight.